- Compression stockings or support socks are stretchy, elastic type socks available in lengths from knee-high to full waist pantyhose. These stockings are effective at reducing many of the symptoms of vein diseases in addition to preventing further development of varicose and spider veins. Medical grade versions are often constructed to provide “gradient” compression meaning they apply more pressure to the ankles and foot then the top portion in order to help the legs and veins pump blood in the correct direction.
- A 3 month trial of medical-grade compression stockings with a minimum strength rating (20-30mmHg) is required by most insurance companies before considering invasive treatment options.
More About Compression Stockings
- Leg swelling
- Chronic venous inefficiency
- Varicose veins
- Calf pain or cramping
(Hardening or leather-like appearance of the skin)
- Venous ulceration
- DVT prevention
- Post procedure
Who should use them?
- People with or at risk for circulation problems like DVT, varicose veins, or diabetes
- Patients who have undergone recent surgery
- Worsens with decreased mobility and limited walking
- People who stand long hours or sit for long hours
- Pregnant women
- People who spend long stretches of time on airplanes, like pilots and frequent travelers
How will they help me?
- The gentle pressure these socks or stockings put on your legs help to boost blood flow by improving the return of blood flow from your legs. They help fight the effects of gravity in order to reduce leg swelling, edema and the venous pooling that can occur in varicose veins.
- Compression garments have been shown to reduce the risk of getting deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a kind of blood clot. In people with previous blood clots they can reduce the incidence of recurrence as well as decrease the effects of damage caused by these events.
- Compression stockings can reduce the symptoms of tired and achy legs. They can also ease swelling in your feet and ankles as well as help prevent and treat spider and varicose veins.
- There is ongoing research into potential performance improvement in athletes as well as improved recovery after exercise
Juzo Brand Compression Socks
Compression stockings provide therapeutic compression to help manage poor blood flow in your veins, which can cause tired achy legs, chronic swelling, discomfort, spider veins, varicose veins, blood clots and venous ulcers. Juzo designed our Assist, Naturally Sheer, Soft, Dynamic, Dynamic Max and Basic compression stockings to help improve circulation and provide comfort after vein ablation, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and ulcer treatment.